Friday, January 7, 2011

For my friend

Today is the birthday of a friend that we lost a couple of years ago. He was two years younger than me and such an amazing person. Everyone loved him because he was kind and generous to everyone that he met. He had the best smile and gave the BEST hugs in the entire universe. When I met S we were working together, him as a DJ and me as a waitress. He was so confident and funny and I loved chatting with him about relationships, school, work and just life in general. He used to crack me up because anytime we'd talk and he needed advice, I would give him mine but then he'd end up giving me advice in return. I loved that everytime I saw him, whether at work, around town, on campus or at the mall where I worked after the restaurant he would just come up, give me a huge smile and pick me up and hug me so good that no matter what my worries were, I felt better.

I'm just sad because I never asked if he was a believer. As a Christian, that should have been a conversation that I had with a good friend but I was too wrapped up in my own selfish life to have that one with him. His death is a constant reminder that I need to share my faith with all of the people that I meet and it may push others away but if it means that I have helped one person come to know Jesus Christ as their Savior then it is well worth the risk. I love the Lord and will shout it from the rooftops and will share it freely. Thank you Lord for keeping me close and reminding me to continually be a light for YOU. S, I miss you and although your death was difficult, and still is, I am glad to have the memories that I have of you and I am thankful that God has a plan and that your passing was just a part of His plan. I have learned from you and will always have love and respect for you! Missing you bunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment