Thursday, February 10, 2011

The most awesome SOLID ROCK

I know that I haven't written in awhile, but every time I come close I feel like I'm only going to write out of a necessity to keep my blog going. This isn't totally the case tonight, although it is somewhat...I didn't want anyone to think that I forgot about my faith walk with Christ and about sharing it with others, I've just been so busy that I haven't had a moment to truly write something worthwhile or uplifting. I did want to share a short post today and it's because I saw some very discouraging things online tonight, mostly to do with family and I felt so down but all of a sudden for no apparent reason except that God wanted me to hear it, I started humming the song, "Christ the Solid Rock." The main part of the song says, "On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand." The world may get me down sometimes...it's a scary place and the people in it will constantly hurt and disappoint us- it's just a part of our sinful human nature to do so but I refuse to let it get me down. I don't want to be discouraged but instead lifted up and this song reminded me that I've always got Christ. He's my foundation and I adore how He can lift me up so VERY high just through a wonderful verse in the Bible, a song created to praise Him or even just a nice breeze on a sunny day. Call me cheesy or silly if you want to but our God is amazing in His ability to show us His love and devotion even in our darkest hour. So much good comes out of all pain and suffering that it's impossible not to be thankful in all things and so when I think of the things that I saw online tonight that hurt my heart so much I feel cheered when I think about the fact that God is working through those things to make something much better happen. What a nice thought!

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
all other ground is sinking sand.
ALL OTHER GROUND IS SINKING SAND!!!!!!!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment